Hey All! Hope you all had a great weekend! Can’t wait to see you all—SO GET IN HERE 🙂
As you have probably noticed, we have had a lot of new athletes join in on our fun! Since we’ve become so much busier, we will have to make some changes! We will let you know in advance before these changes take place, but expect to see changes in our class times, BURPEES for tardiness, and a few others!!!!!!
For those of you doing the Paleo Challenge—-DAY 8! WE’VE MADE IT A WHOLE WEEK!!!! How are you feeling? post in the comments please so others can see too! We needed a little sweetness to our weekend, so we made Sweet Potato Brownies (recipe found on paleomg.com) and OMG—DELICIOUS!!!! Also, my new favorite vegetable blend: Green Beans and Summer Squash, saute in coconut oil, bacon grease, or evoo (we use bacon grease), add a little salt and pepper and it is SO YUMMY! Shoot….now my mouth is watering. Crap!
For all of you:
- As soon as you wake up, eat a breakfast that is high in good fats, (olive oils, avocados) and high in protein. This is the most important meal of the day so spare the excuses, in order to lose weight, you need to eat breakfast.
- Drink lots of water – Avoid dehydration,a side effect of a high protein diet. Drink at least two glasses of water with each meal and more before and after your work outs. Coffee and tea drinkers need to chase it down with the same amount consumed, if not more. Try to drink at least 3 liters a day.
- Eat 12-14 calories per pound of body weight. Using the formula, I’ll prove that many of you, while feeling you are eating too much food are actually falling way short of the actual amount of calories required. Eating protein and fats is hard, it’s a very filling process but remember, to lose fat you have to eat fat.
- Eat less than 50 grams of carbohydrates a day!!!! By doing this, you will inhibit insulin secretion to a minimum and switch your fuel source to ketones. Ketones are a byproduct of fat breakdown and is what we are interested in.
- Eat 1-1.5 grams of protein per lb. – If I weighed 185 lbs, I would need 185-270 grams of protein per day. We are a strength biased gym. Along with lifting heavy weights we also destroy you with intense met-cons. Protein is important in the recovery and repair process so eat your protein!
- Avoid bread, sugar, rice and pasta!
- 50 Double Unders OR 100 Single Jump Ropes
- 8 Push Press @ 85%
- 8 Pull Ups
XTRA: Tabata side planks